Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nostalgia--Our First Christmas

It was the year 2002 when we celebrated our first Christmas as married couple---I remember I used the recipe from the book my Mama sent me all the way from the Philippines for I dunno what to cook for noche buena. I cooked beef morcon ( meat roll ), pasta and fruit salad and I guess I cooked for 4 people although we're only two in our apartment lol! It was a first to know that Christmas is not a national holiday and in Japan it is essential to have a Christmas Cake on Christmas. I was surprised when Yochan came home with a sparkling wine and a whole cake in hand--I believe we ate the cake for days! Kung alam ko lang, di na ako nagluto pa ng marami lol!
Christmas here in Japan is different from western countries for most of them ain't a Christian, it is more like a commercial event and not a religious occassion and the main event is on Christmas eve and not on Christmas Day. They're not into giving cards,too.
Enjoying ourselves on Christmas eve
Me as Santa Girl lol!

Isn't it so much fun to go back and just yank them all out and just sit there and reminisce? ^_^

*Nostalgia is a weekly Thursday meme hosted by Ate Rose--please play with us by clicking the linky badge.* Photobucket

11 comments:

Liezl said...

Hi Sis! Ask ko lang if mahirap kumuha ng visa for japan. For tourist lang sana. Mga 1 wk trip lang po. Thanks!

Mom's Place said...

ang ganda naman ng cake, kala ko buddha display nyak hahaha..pero type ko yong santa outfit mo hehe

Verna Luga said...

Syempre naman kasi Christian si wifey..hehehe... oo nga some friends of mine na OFW diyan.. hindi nga raw holiday... hehe... pero effort ka pa rin... Nice outfit Santa.. hehehe..
Nostalgia Here

Unknown said...

a cake is appropriate for Christmas since it is supposed to be a celebration of Jesus' birthday.:p bakit kaya di uso ang cake sa Xmas natin 'no?
complete with costume and Xmas tree ka pa...did you sing Santa Baby? hehehe

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wahhhh I would love to have morcon right now.. Clang, meron ka pa bang recipe? Pwede pashare ng recipe ng morcon, I would love to make one someday.

Thank you for being a memory lane traveler thru Nostalgia, and being a virtual friend!

nuts said...

buti ka pa marunong magluto ng morcon, try ko nga lutuin din.. :) cute nang santa attire..;)

anney said...

Ang ganda namn ng cake winnie the pooh! Bagay pala sayo mag Santa costume! hihihi!

Mel_Cole said...

Did you make the Cake, Mami Clar? Grabeh ka creative ha. Yum yum!

My Mommy Moments post

Clang said...

@Mommy Mel:nope,bili ni hubby yan dear^_^

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Well you are very creative clang, you made a sumptuous noche bueno. kami walang wala kahit slice mn lng ng pizza hehehe

Dhemz said...

oh my...ang sexy ni Mrs.Santa...ehehehe! dami pagkain...:)

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for stopping by and for leaving your precious comments!I do read every comments but I try to respond by timely manner and I am not always to do so.I will try to response them back to your site and not here so please kindly leave your url and I will be back to your site for a visit as soon as possible. Have a nice day!

Kizuna Buttons



Just letting you know...